One woman's ale journey

A beery boozy journey with delightful snacks along the way and a book in my hand.

Monday 1 June 2015

Batemans Dark Lord


This beer was brewed to commemorate 'Black Tom' who fought in the English Civil war Battle of Winceby in Lincolnshire.

Like a moth to a flame, I was drawn to this dark ruby beer and I wasn't disappointed.  You can just see the dark ruby glow in my photograph and it is very dark - it looks almost stout-like.

My first taste was like eating a bag of liquorice allsorts - not overpowering by any means, but enough to tell you with your eyes closed that you were drinking a dark ale.  The label states spicy notes but I found it a bit more fruity than spicy.  It's not overly fizzy, there's no nasty aftertaste and the head clings to the glass until the last drop.  A perfect dark ale.

If you like stout and porter you will love this!  It's going on my shopping list.

Brewed by Batemans in Lincolnshire
5% ABV

No comments:

Post a Comment