One woman's ale journey

A beery boozy journey with delightful snacks along the way and a book in my hand.

Friday 5 June 2015

St Austell Tribute


Purple is my favourite colour and with a label reminiscent of Cadbury's chocolate I just had to get this Cornish Pale Ale.

It's a nice deep golden or light amber colour and smells of tropical fruit when poured.  It has a definite citrus taste but, being mainly a palate of grapefruit, it doesn't taste like lemon squeezy washing up liquid (not that I've ever tried it).

A very refreshing ale with a hint of a malty taste so I would put this somewhere between a pale ale and a bitter.  I am definitely a bitter girl (it's a fact - I'm bitter and I like bitter!) and with the sun shining in the North East today this gets a big thumbs up from me!

Brewed by St Austell Brewery, Cornwall
4.2% ABV

No comments:

Post a Comment