One woman's ale journey

A beery boozy journey with delightful snacks along the way and a book in my hand.

Sunday 24 January 2016

Innis & Gunn Irish Whiskey Finish


For some reason I wasn't expecting such a dark ale to spring out of this small bottle, but I am by no means disappointed.  It is dark, smooth and delicious.  It smell's slightly sweet and has a definite whiskey aroma.  There is a good head on pouring but it's not terribly robust so most of it disappears but leaves just enough behind so you don't confuse this ale with a glass of coca cola.

At first it tasted of treacle with an aftertaste of chocolate but as my tastebuds adjusted, I got a perfect hint of whiskey.  The whiskey grows in flavour with each sip and I would say it definitely tastes like a smoky, peaty whiskey.

It feels so rich and decadent; I really rather enjoyed this one and Ale be Seeing You again, Innis & Gunn Irish Whiskey Finish.

Irish Whiskey Finish won gold in 2014 at the prestigious Monde Selection Awards and bronze at the International Beer Challenge

Brewed by Innis & Gunn, Edinburgh
7.4% ABV

No comments:

Post a Comment