One woman's ale journey

A beery boozy journey with delightful snacks along the way and a book in my hand.

Saturday 11 June 2016

Hadrian Border Brewery Farne Island


Being a fan of locally brewed ale, it was only a matter of time before I featured a Hadrian Border Brewery ale on my blog.  A lovely crystal clear amber ale flowed out of this bottle and the photo really doesn't do it justice.  It is a perfect amber colour and so clear, once the bubbles dispersed.  It has a small head but it doesn't disappear at all and it smells so malty and, with a slight hint of citrus, so refreshing that I couldn't wait to taste it.  

My first taste impression was "oooooh" - this really is an outstanding amber bitter.  It's smooth and bursting with a range of flavours from malt to honey - absolutely divine!  With no hint of a metallic aftertaste, it's a bitter without bitterness so Farne Island gets top marks from me.

I'll definitely be trying more from this brewery as I already have Secret Kingdom and Grainger Ale on my wishlist, but I can definitely say that Ale Be Seeing You Again, Farne Island.

Brewed by Hadrian Border Brewery, Newcastle upon Tyne
4.0% ABV

No comments:

Post a Comment