One woman's ale journey

A beery boozy journey with delightful snacks along the way and a book in my hand.

Monday 19 December 2016

Beery Christmas Day 19

6 more sleeps until Christmas and there's a cute little penguin on the door of Day 19 - I can't wait to to see what is hiding behind him. 


Day 1 introduced me to the Two Roads Brewing Company in Stratford, Connecticut, so I was rather excited when I opened the Penguin Door.  I was even more excited when I saw that it was a dark ale, namely Espressway Cold Brew Coffee Stout.  Again, I'll not knock it until I try it and some ales have a hint of chocolate, so why not coffee?



In a process unique to Two Roads, we mixed a locally-roasted Ethiopian/Sumatra blend of beans with a rich oatmeal stout under pressure (like espresso but without the steam) using our German-built “Brewnik” device. The mixture is steeped for several days resulting in a true, cold-brewed coffee stout. Hop on the Two Roads Espressway!

6.5% in a 355ml bottle

Found for sale on Beer Heroes for £2.65

No comments:

Post a Comment