One woman's ale journey

A beery boozy journey with delightful snacks along the way and a book in my hand.

Saturday 28 January 2017

Wychwood Dunkel Fester


A Halloween special edition ale from Wychwood is a delicious dark ale with a ruby tinge.  It has a beige head although there isn't much of it.  The smell is predominantly malty yet fruity so I think I'm going to like this one!

It has a lovely sweet liquorice taste, very much like Guinness but fizzy.  It's a surprisingly pleasant drink, and feels rather light for a dark ale, but one I'd definitely pick up again at around the £1.50 mark from Aldi. 

Brewed by Wychwood, Oxfordshire
4.4% ABV

My rating:
Although Dunkel Fester was a seasonal ale, you can find out more about Wychwood brewery by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment