One woman's ale journey

A beery boozy journey with delightful snacks along the way and a book in my hand.

Saturday 18 February 2017

Wold Top Wold Gold


Wold Gold is, not surprisingly, a deep golden coloured ale with an unusual but enticing spicy aroma that reminded me of Christmas. Eager bubbles burst to the surface where a thick, brilliant white head awaits them.  A head that appears to be for life, not just for Christmas.

There is perhaps a slight bitter aftertaste but it has a delicious spicy hint followed by a hint of oranges.  It is surprisingly smooth despite the voracious bubbles.

I've been really impressed with all of the Wold Top ales I have tried so far and Ale definitely Be Seeing Wold Gold Again.

Brewed by Wold Top, Yorkshire
4.8% ABV

My rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment