One woman's ale journey

A beery boozy journey with delightful snacks along the way and a book in my hand.

Friday 17 March 2017

Guinness Original


Well we couldn't celebrate St. Patrick's Day without a little drop of the black stuff, not that I need an excuse to have a little drink of Guinness.  I usually have a few cans in stock but this one came with a Christmas gift and I do like my bottled beer.

I feel a bit cheeky reviewing Guinness, it's always a guaranteed 5 out of 5 or 10 out of 10 but what makes it so special?  It's that black as coal look with the thick beige head that not even a scrubbing brush could remove.  It has a quite unique dark treacle, sweet molasses, liquorice and earthy smell that cries out to be tasted.

Guinness really is as smooth as velvet with a dark chocolate, treacle and liquorice taste.  It is the original and the best with the most amazing head in the world that laces the hell out of the glass.

I'm not going to ramble on too much, who doesn't love Guinness?  If you haven't tried it, you must have been living on the moon.  With a fridge full of handsome black cans, this is one I can definitely say Ale Be Seeing Again!

Brewed by Guinness, Dublin
4.2% ABV



No comments:

Post a Comment